A furnace tune up is a crucial step that homeowners should never neglect. Not only can furnace maintenance potentially save vast amounts of money in the long run, but skipping furnace tune ups is a more significant safety hazard than many people realize.
Goff Heating & Air Conditioning offers furnace tune up services, and many homeowners wonder how long it takes to complete an annual furnace tune up. In this blog post, we will delve into the process of professional furnace tune ups appointment and provide information on how long it typically takes.
What Is A Furnace Tune Up?
A furnace tune up involves a comprehensive inspection and cleaning of your HVAC system. It is a service that a HVAC technician provides to maintain, diagnose, and repair any issues that may require immediate attention. An annual furnace tune up is recommended each year to ensure your furnace is functioning properly, improve energy efficiency, lower utility bills, and extend the life of your home’s furnace.
How Long Does A Tune Up Take?
The duration of a heating furnace tune up appointment can vary slightly, depending on the system’s age, size, and complexity. It usually takes around one to three hours for an HVAC technician to complete a thorough furnace maintenance check for annual maintenance.
Steps of An Annual Furnace Tune Up
When you schedule a furnace tune up with our team, we will work through an extensive furnace tune up checklist, including furnace cleaning and a furnace inspection process. Here are some of the steps on our furnace tune up checklist that help us ensure you have a properly functioning furnace that runs at peak efficiency all throughout the heating season following furnace maintenance.
- Inspection of the Furnace Filters: Checking the furnace filter is the first step of a comprehensive furnace tune up process. The technician inspects the furnace filter to make sure it is clean and functional. In case of clogging or heavy visible dust particles, the technician replaces or cleans the air filter to ensure the air can flow through the unit efficiently.
- Inspection of the Thermostat and Wiring: The qualified HVAC technician will examine the thermostat to ensure it is working correctly. Any wiring related issues are resolved before moving to the next step so you’re not left with a faulty thermostat.
- Inspection and Cleaning of the Combustion Chamber and Heat Exchanger: The combustion chamber is inspected for a cracked heat exchanger or damages that could lead to hazardous carbon monoxide poisoning. During this time, the technician will clean the heat exchanger to ensure it is free of any debris and functioning correctly.
- Inspection and Maintenance of Burners: The technician checks and performs basic system cleaning for all the burners to ensure they are burning correctly and that they do not require replacement.
- Checking Gas Pressure: The gas pressure is checked to ensure that it is compatible with the manufacturer’s specifications. If necessary your technician will adjust gas pressure during the furnace tune up.
- Inspection of the Flue: The technician will clean and check the flue to ensure that it is free of any obstruction that could pose a safety hazard.
- Checking the System’s Overall Performance: To ensure that the system operates correctly, the technician tests the complete heating cycle, documenting any temperature changes. This adjustment ensures that the system runs as efficiently as possible.
Benefits of Regular Furnace Tune Ups
Regular furnace tune ups and routine HVAC maintenance come with numerous benefits such as improved safety, energy savings, and better overall performance. Below are some advantages of scheduling regular furnace maintenance tune ups:
- Ensuring the Safety of Your Home: Safety is paramount when it comes to HVAC system equipment. Regular maintenance helps identify and repair potential safety risks in your furnace HVAC system, such as a cracked heat exchanger or damaged electrical connections, saving you from a potential disaster.
- Extending the Life of Your Heating System: Regular furnace inspection and an annual tune up can help extend the life of your heating system by uncovering and resolving issues before they become more substantial repairs or even furnace replacement.
- Lowering Your Energy Bills: A well maintained furnace runs more efficiently, resulting in lower energy bills each month. Replacing a dirty air filter alone can reduce your energy bills.
- Reduced Breakdowns and Repairs: A furnace tune up helps to catch minor heating system issues before they become major breakdowns. Maintaining your system can save significant amounts of money in repair costs over the long term.
Schedule Your Furnace Tune Up Today
You need a furnace tune up if you want to extend the lifespan and increase the efficiency of your furnace system. A professional heating system tune up takes around 1-3 hours and involves a comprehensive examination of all aspects of the system, including combustion chambers, burners, and gas pressures.
Regular maintenance can boost the safety of your home, improve efficiency, and save you money in the long run. If you haven’t had a furnace tune up performed on your heating system recently, Goff Heating & Air Conditioning can perform it quickly and efficiently, ensuring your home is safe and comfortable throughout the winter. Contact us today to get started!